Wednesday, September 17, 2008

monday, monday.... (7)

day 7...

1. Mimosas at work great way to start the week.

2. Weird people who apply for jobs at our office because they provide me with humour by stalking the design director, grunting, and keeping me on the phone forever by asking me weird questions, or as Arlene puts it "by using circular logic."

3. Lust, Caution This movie was just unbelievably HOT.

4. Google Custom Maps For allowing me to view other users awesome custom maps like this one that will help with this weekend's trip.

5. Kookie Karma for making healthy & delicious desserts. They have a few raw options, my favorite being the Lemon Fig, though I do think they are slightly overpriced, so I don't buy them often.

6. Cultured This awesome homegrownBerkeley company, run by Alex Hozven makes some of the yummiest raw sauerkraut and kimchee I've ever tasted. My favorite is the raw beet and ginger one. I have a spoon or two a day to get my daily dose of probiotics. Great piece on fermented foods at Conscious Dancer.

7. Kombucha while we're on the topic of fermentation, I might as well throw this little blessing in. Great for balancing! I'd love to make my own at home, but have been buying GT's Organic Raw Gingerade for the past year and can't seem to stop because it's sooo good!

8. Voicemail for diverting those less than savory phone calls at work. Again with the strange strangers.

9. Eric, Tanya, Victoria & Liah planning camping trips without them is so much fun, and I love how we all pull our trips together.

10. Coco Loco for making some of the dopest coconut jewelry.

11. Coconut from coconut chips, to coconut oil, to coconut butter, I love it.

12. Cafe Gratitude Chocolate Mousse Hands down one of the most delicious raw desserts ever. And now I can make it at home.

13. Jeremy Fish I've been a longtime fan, so it's only right to thank this guy for existing. His art is amazing, and always makes me smile. Peep the gallery section for 30 tasty visual morsels.

14. B&H for always delivering my film in a timely manner. I miss the experience of the NY store with all the carts and pulleys going across the ceiling.

15. Geico for continuously lowering my rates every time I renew and for having amazing customer service reps.

16. Orion Magazine These guys are so amazing, I finally subscribed and got my first print issue. I'd seen and heard people who write & photograph for them a lot over the past year, and I think it's a really amazing, and relevant magazine. It's exactly the kind of publication I'd like to publish my images.

17. Nabila's I absolutely LOVE the wonderful Palestinian people who work here. They are all super nice, they let me get things on credit when I'm short, I always have great conversations with them & and they are all surprisingly good looking too. And it's always a plus to walk into your corner health store and hear Wax Tailor pumping on the speakers.

18. Wax Tailor Since I just mentioned him in #17, it's only right that I give him proper thanks. This man produces some of the sickest instrumentals you'll EVER hear. I first heard him when he sent me a few tracks over at Third Earth Music to collaborate with some of our artists, and I was really impressed, because we got a lot of low-quality stuff sent to us. And, man am I ever glad that the collaborations worked out. The end result was some of my wonderful friends in North Carolina getting the international exposure they deserve, because they are wicked talented and hard working guys. The combo of him + them is amazing.

19. Getting over past relationships sometimes it's a hell of a lot of work, but man when you finally let those last pieces go and move on, it's so liberating.

20. Identifying patterns this generally helps with #19. And the more I notice them & admit to them, the more confident I am that will stop repeating them and stop dating boys who can't give me what I need. If you keep accepting less than what you deserve, that's what you'll continue to get.

21. Silence it's so rare, and so beautiful. I like how it fills things up more than noise.

No comments: