Tuesday, September 16, 2008

day 5, albeit a bit late...

I don't think I'll have time on the weekends to really sit and write these things out, as I prefer to spend my time away from the computer and outside in nature with no technology or running around town with friends, so I'll try to commit things to memory over the weekends and update the following week.

1. Saturdays because I love being on my own schedule.

2. Singing with a stranger on the beach under the Golden Gate bridge That totally made my night! Fugees vocal chorus stylings with Sublime-like freestyles. How sweet.

3. Justine what a delight to meet this lovely lady and connect on so many good things.

4. The Alemany Farmers' Market which I go to almost every Saturday morning. Fresh, cheap, yummy organic goodness.

5. Joe Chamillionaire I just really enjoyed hearing about his life and childhood. It's amazing how much humans can endure.

6. Cha-ya because it's so yummy

7. The Golden Gate Bridge I just never stop being wowed that I live here.

8. Dolores Park one of my favorite places to pass the time in the sunshine.

9. Cilantro one of the best smells and tastes ever.

10. Fresh Lime Juice adds that zing.

11. Nama Shoyu So I can have soy sauce and still be raw. It's unpasteurized, aged for four years in cedar kegs so it can be made with less salt naturally, while still being full of flavor.

12. The Pirate Store I love taking visitors there, and showing them Karl and the lard.

13. Paxton Gate one of the greatest stores in all of San Francisco. It's full of curiosities, bat skeletons and tree rings and makes me deliriously happy. It's my version of being a little kid in a candy store.

14. Carnivorous Plants cuz they're just so damn cool! Chomp.

15. Cucumbers Cool and classic. So many ways to use them!

16. Sleeping In I wish I could sleep til 9 or 10 most days.

17. A Fantastic Day With Jill I knew I missed her, but didn't quite realize how much until I got to spend so much time with her. Oh, what fun!

18. TV on DVD for allowing me to not waste time, brain space, and energy on commercials for stuff I don't need and will never buy. And for helping me fall asleep at night.

19. Marisa her birthday party is always an unusual event. It was so great to sit and look at her work and talk about photography for awhile. I really miss critiques, so maybe we can start one soon.

20. Living so close to everything my neighborhood is smack dab in the middle of it all, so I can walk everywhere.

21. Slumber parties the most people I've had crash on my floor so far!

No comments: