Monday, December 1, 2008

2wenty-2.

1. Tips for clueless people who got mugged. This is hilarious. Thanks, Wes!

2. Hyper real sculpture is amazing. It just blows my mind.

3. Mike, Justin, Leanne & the Haight house made the last 2 weeks of my life pretty awesome. I love living alone, but having temporary roommates like them made me almost want to live with other people again.

4. Marching Bands being hip. I've seen bands like Mucca Pazza, Extra Action Marching Band, and a whole slew of others completely rock out and make marching bands cool. What I love about this trend is that it's not something being cool again, like the 80s or converse sneakers - it's something that was always looked at as more on the geeky side being reclaimed for how cool it actually is. A friend of a friend said that marching bands are the new punk rock. I like that statement a lot. Rock on, marching bands!

5. Free museum days at the SF MoMA & Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. Lots of really great things to make me and my empty wallet smile.

6. Making friends out of strangers is always fun. Thank you, random people I met last Tuesday.

7. Being back in my apartment! I can't even begin to explain how amazing this feels. The first 2 weeks of sharing my place with my subletter panned out far worse than I thought it would, and after a very through saging cleanse of my apartment, I am glad to be back in my own space full of good energy. I feel much less stressed, calmer, and heading back to clarity.

8. My sister is awesome. When we were younger, 8 years made a huge difference and we didn't have a great relationship, but as we've gotten older, we've really developed a great friendship. And she's growing so much lately, it's been beautiful to watch her start to come into her own. She's been a total lifesaver this month by helping me revamp my resume and cover letters, as it looks like I might need to find another office job for a few months to tide me over until my other business stuff picks up.

9. My landlord is being amazingly cool about everything. I never would have thought that would happen, but it is. Thanks, Joel.

10. Cashew spreads with rosemary, lemon and cayenne. Yummy.

11. Twitter is so silly, and I totally love it.

12. Red pears taste gorgeous. I love fall.

13. Closure. Sometimes it takes years, and you've already put the past behind you, but it allows you to let go of that last lingering piece. It's nice.

14. My trail shoes are super comfortable, and I have been walking everywhere in them.

15. Cooking opportunities. I have a dinner "audition" this month to be a live in chef for a short period of time. It's not raw and it's in Berkeley but it could be a really amazing opportunity for a brief stint.

16. My Sigg comes with me everywhere. And I am always noticing how many places there are to fill it up that aren't public fountains. It's pretty impressive.

17. Old school DJ Shadow still soothes my soul.

18. Meditation without which I would be feeling totally overwhelmed by all that I am trying to do right now. It's a lot, but when you take the time out of business to fall still, you actually get so much more done because your head is clear and you're present. "I don't have time" is an excuse we all overuse, and making time for what is important pays off in the long term.

19. Weird high school connections. I sort of steered away from that stuff on Myspace a few years ago when a lot of old faces started appearing, but different people have been popping up on Facebook and it's been really great connecting with them and seeing where people's lives are. A lot of them are doing really inspiring things. It makes me smile.

20. Dr. Bronner's has proven to make a good temporary shampoo until I can make it to Rainbow to pick up my regular stuff. It really can be used for everything.

21. Planning a trip to LA for a weekend next month. I'm really looking forward to seeing my friends down there.

No comments: