Wednesday, December 10, 2008

23

1. Roni was one of the greatest couchsurfers I've had yet! I had just gotten back in my place, so I wasn't going to host anyone because I needed to unpack and clean, but something in my gut told me I should open my home to her anyway and it was fantastic. She's a raw foodist too, so we had lots of great talks and it was nice to have someone take full advantage of my blender, juicer and dehydrator all in the same day. She shared her tales of juice feasts and water fasts and was so inspiring. She also gave me a handy piece of information that might prove to be very useful come May. We shall see.

2. Adyashanti was yet another thing Roni & I synched up on, and I remembered seeing something about satsang in Oakland, so last minute I decided to check his schedule and we went to hear him speak. It was humourous, as always, and I felt enlivened by his presence. He just has a way of putting human thought patterns and feelings into such a simple, laughable format that pushes you to expand your consciousness, and I really love that.

3. Community. Dhrumil from We Like It Raw organized a really great lunch at Cafe Gratitude and I got to meet some really amazing locals. The sense of community was very inspiring.

4. How To Make Lots of Money During a Recession is one of the best Steve Pavlina pieces I have read so far. He talks about present day jobs as modern slavery, and abundance mentality versus scarcity mentality. It's a long read, but totally worth the time it takes.

5. Winterfest is the SFBC's annual fundraiser and it was amazing. I was changemaker, so I did money drops to all the posts all night, but I still got to enjoy myself in the process. There were beautiful bikes being auctioned off, as well as some amazing bike crafts like belts made out of old tires and a wind chime made out of gears and spokes. Gotta love creative reuse!

6. Picnics in December. I just love that I live somewhere where that is possible! My friend Sue-Li from New Zealand had her friend Mythily contact me because she was visiting SF, so we had a nice picnic at Alamo Square. She was a total sweetheart.

7. Radish juice is so good. And amazing for you. It's good for thyroid, so I am trying to incorporate as much into my diet as possible right now to see if it helps.

8. Raw Autumn granola is one of the best recipes I have concocted so far. It's dangerous!

9. Geico cuz the people who work there are always sooooo nice. Anytime I have a problem, they get right on making it better.

10. Chef auditions are exciting. I auditioned to be the chef at CS Base Camp in Berkeley for a few months. It was loads of fun, and it would be great if it worked out. It would be weird cooking for people since I've only been preparing raw foods for the last 6 months or so, but it would still be fun. I like to daydream about being a raw personal chef in Hawaii. Someday. :)

11. Raw Pesto rocks my world. Wes is back to visit again (I told you Cali was addicting, Wes!) and I was delighted when he said he wanted to help me make raw zucchini noodles again. We made a pesto with garlic, sun dried tomatoes, fresh basil, pine nuts and fresh lemon juice. It took a whole 10 minutes to make!

12. The generosity of friends. My car got towed and 2 of my dear friends loaned me the money to get Betty out of the impound because I have no steady job and would owe the system additional money each day she sat there. Thank you, guys.

13. Tabbed browsing is one of the best things to happen to someone like me, who views 30 web pages at once. How did I function before that feature?

14. King Corn was a pretty funny documentary that I watched today about how insane America's food industry is. It was funny because they did all this research on how bad this stuff is for you and how manipulated the system is, yet they kept eating burgers and crappy food anyway. It's almost like they missed the point of their own movie somehow.

15. Selling stuff feels good. I try to go through my books and dvds a few times a year and trim the fat.

16. Bike Co-ops. My friend Jelani showed me his garage, which he is turning into a space for people to come work on their bikes, build their own from donations, and just hang out. It's going to be amazing.

17. Gingerbread house parties. Totally fun to see everyone having such a great time building their own houses. Having so many stylish creations all made from food packed into one room was pretty insane.

18. Hellos from old friends. I have recently had a lot of old friends get in contact with me, which has been really wonderful. Seems like everyone is crawling out of the woodwork. It's been great seeing how lives have changes and people have grown and how we all relate. It makes me very grateful for the people who have been with me through the various stages of my life thus far.

19. Opportunity is infinite. There are always endless possibilities if you open yourself up to them, and I am very blessed for all the opportunities in my life.

20. Yoga Tree connections are helping me get my raw food skills out there. Will hopefully be working on some retreats in 2009.

21. Diversity. This week I have looked all the many things I am interested in, and the diverse groups of people those interests have brought into my life, and it's really amazing. I can't believe I know so many amazing people who are so active and doing so many things with their lives. It's wonderful.

No comments: