Sunday, November 9, 2008

dix-sept.

1. Potential jobs that appear when you really need them. Though it turned out that they needed a full-time nanny instead, it was really great to get paid to cook dinner for someone in their home and make enough to buy groceries for a few days.

2. Helping friends in need. I hope Caitanya heals her broken ribs and collarbone soon, but for now, I'm glad I can be of some assistance and lend her a hand, quite literally. Poor thing. She's in so much pain. Everyone direct any excess energy you have towards her for a moment, please.

3. Peter Greenaway is one of my favorite directors. No matter how many times I watch The Pillow Book, it's still always fascinating.

4. Dragon Fruit fresh from the farmers market. Dragon fruit (pitaya plant) pollination occurs only at night, when its huge white flowers bloom, so the fruit is only harvested a few times a year. I had one for breakfast this morning to celebrate a gig. I love the strange texture and taste, but what I love most about it is how beautiful it is to look at, especially when sliced open.


5. Jon's Ginormous idiot box allowed me to catch up on my netflix this weekend in big, flat screen grandeur.

6. Moving to the right place. For the past few days, I have been staying with great friends across the street from the first apartment I lived in when I first moved to San Francisco. It's made me ever so grateful for having moved out of there and into Hayes Valley. While the Mission District has a great energy to it on certain accounts, and I love the murals and many other little things about it, I would much rather live somewhere cleaner where people don't throw their trash on the street all the time, and pee all over everything or leer at me when I walk by, which is why being there made me appreciate what I have so much more.

7. Korean food. Caitanya's mom loaded her up with some goodies which she was kind enough to share. Yum.

8. Early darkness. Most days I am weirded out by it, but today I feel good about it getting dark so early, and the changes it signifies. It's also had me reminiscing about some of my winters during my decade in NYC, which were fun in a lot of ways.

9. Fingerless gloves make it easier to do things while keeping warm. Especially for photographing while hiking!

10. Chaos. I am just trying to love chaos these days because it happens for a reason, to make you see the things you need to see.

11. Talks with my mom who has been super supportive of all that I am doing and has really been an anchor during this career transitional period.

12. Tea Houses. I love staying in a house where everyone in it is constantly making or drinking tea. Yay, herbs!

13. Twitter just makes me happy when I read all my friends updates.

14. The smell of soup has been wafting into this room all day.

15. The color red has a womb-like effect on me today. Comfortable and warm.

16. Self-massage to get rid of that stiff neck I woke up with.

17. Blue kitchens. I love the way some of these old Victorian homes are painted.

18. Being The Smoothie Fairy. I have been making smoothies for everyone in the house whenever they are around. I love spreading the goodness!

19. Not knowing what is going on is sometimes the greatest of blessings.

20. Speaking the truth even though it can be painful. Sometimes people just need to hear it to remember who they really are, which is a truly amazing creature.

21. Purple has been reminding me of a lot of tastes and smells today.

No comments: